Installing the module is a straightforward process, simply follow the steps below and feel free to contact us if you need any help.
- Download the module from https://my.edgehosting.uk/downloads.php
- Extract the zip in your WHMCS root directory.
- In WHMCS, go to Setup > Addon Modules and activate the module, making sure you grant access to your user role.
- Enter your License Key and Company ID provided in your welcome email into the relevant fields.
- Now you can connect the module to Xero by pressing "Connect to Xero" at Addons > Xero and enter configuration options by going to Addons > Xero > Configuration. When done, press Synchronise All to check that everything is working correctly.
- See this article for help with linking WHMCS payments to Xero.
Note that enabling the Contact sync option matches WHMCS contacts with Xero by (Billing) Company Name followed by Contact Name if no Company Name is set. This will replace contact data in Xero - please do not archive WHMCS linked contacts!
Upgrading from v5 to v6
You no longer need to create an app at https://developer.xero.com/myapps, please delete the app you created and reconnect the module to Xero
Upgrading from v3 to v4
Xero have deprecated the usage of OAuth 1.0a (which required the generation of a certificate file that was stored on the server and also uploaded to Xero).
When upgrading from v3 to v4 of our module, you will need to create a new App in Xero and re-connect the module to your account. Simply follow the installation instructions above from step 5 onwards. Other than the Xero ID and Secret, there will be configuration to change.
If you have a custom-hook.php file in your module folder, you will need to add the line below to the top of that file:
Please ensure that when using a web server other than Apache, you replicate the restrictions in the `modules/addons/xero/.htaccess` file.